Support Women in Music Media - Tom Tom Magazine and the brand-new She Shreds shed light on the experiences of female drummers and guitar players. Get a gift subscription to one of these great publications.
Make a Donation to Help Musicians - Here in Austin, Texas we are fortunate to have many great non-profit organizations that give back to local musicians. HAAM (Health Alliance for Austin Musicians) provides low-cost medical and dental care for musicians who are struggling to pay the rent. SIMS provides assistance with mental health and substance issues. Not in Austin? MusiCares, the charitable arm of the GRAMMYs helps musicians with a variety of issues, nationwide.
Get MEOWy With It! - We have some amazing events coming up that you can get in on right now – or give as an empowering gift:
- The Artist’s Way Workshop – join us in our first Girl Guitar workshop every Saturday morning, beginning February 2nd, for 12 weeks of creative empowerment. We’ll be going through Julia Cameron’s book “The Artist’s Way” chapter by chapter and sharing the experience together. Over 21 only. $300.
- Second Annual High Tea Luncheon at SXSW – coming to Austin for SXSW? Network with some of the most powerful women in music in the world! $25.
- Register for MEOW Con – The First Annual MEOW Conference will feature keynote speaker Suzi Quatro. Tickets are only $99 through 12/31 and will go up to $450 at the door.
- GRL Talk – January will see the release of GRL Talk, a fun book of quotes from the late, great ROCKRGRL Magazine to inspire you and keep you on track. Pre-order this for $12.95 plus shipping/postage. Just e-mail email@example.com with your PayPal address and we’ll invoice you!
- A Career Coaching Session – curious about how career coaching can help you with your music? A one-time introductory session with MEOW director Carla DeSantis Black is only $50.